UltraMaster Dethtris java source files
Special non-network edition.
Usually network.java would contact the server and arrange
all the server play and high-score ranking before, during and after game-play.
In this version, network.java is simply a stub.
It just simulates a single-player game start as soon as the applet loads.
There are two source files not included: tcp_conn.java
They are the low-level interface between the client and the server. These
files are also not used with non-network play.
We did not include them for two reasons: We didn't want people to
exploit any possible security flaws - which there are none of, so don't
bother. And we developed these classes in part on company time, so we
don't want to give them away free. They are a small part of it though,
and you can see what they do by looking at the other source.
This source code is provided for educational use only. If you want to use
any of this source directly, you must have permission from the UltraMaster
Total (with network): 80K
- tetris.java 14.6K (non-network)
- The main program handles events, graphics, timing, options, but dosn't
attempt to use network.java as a Frame
- tetris.java 14.6K (network only)
- The main program, handles events, graphics, timing, options
- tetrisd.C 19.4K (network only)
- The C++ server deamon that talks to the java client (network.java).
The server is now non-forking and non-blocking. It just went
through a major overhaul, so let us know if it's down.
- network.java .4K (non-network)
- The network client stub
- network.java 17.1K (network only)
- Here is the network class on the java side. It has new, improved
hacker-proof(tm) authentication. Nobody goes in the high scores that
dosn't deserve to be there.
- piece.java 6.3K
- The pieces
- board.java 4.6K
- Holds the pieces, handles rotation, moves & plays life.
- box.java 2.5K
- The basic unit from which pieces are made
- constants.java 2.5K
- all of the final static things that we use.
- scoreboard.java 2.2K
- The unit that we use to pass data between tetris and network
- embossRect.java 2.2K
- A pithy graphics function
- terminal.java 1.7K
- The frame that displays the other games and scores